Commonwealth Plywood, one of the largest suppliers of decorative wood products, employs over 1000 people. The Company owns and operates various mills, plywood operations, chipping plant as well as distribution warehouses in Eastern Canada and the U.S.A.
We are looking for a Specification Representative with our “DSR division”. Our division represent a variety of suppliers with the goal to follow the projects in which they are specified.
You will be our Representative in the Greater Toronto Area and West of Ontario to develop business relationships in order to obtain product specifications and manage projects.
- Concretely develop business relationships in order to obtain product specifications;
- Develop strategies and presentations to ensure the completion of projects;
- Develop proposals based on product specifications and customer needs;
- Communicate proposals with clarity & cohesion; validate its acceptance throughout the process;
- Ensure the implementation of the project, from specification to manufacturing of the products;
- Maintain the database, documentation and activity reports in our system;
- Collaborate & interface with sales/rep/merchandiser team and engage the team in current projects;
- Be responsible for monitoring and managing partners in specification;
- Be on the lookout for trends and predict the next steps;
- Understand the essential stages in the development of projects and act diligently.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
To be a successful candidate, your proven skills and experience will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Possess a College degree
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position
- You are an eloquent interlocutor with a professional presentation skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and follow up habits
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- You are fluent in English, spoken and written
- Knowledge of French is an asset (spoken).
You have established an important network with the community of architects, designers, contractors and carpenters of the Greater Toronto and Western Ontario.
You have a good knowledge of products such as melamine, high pressure laminate, decorative aluminum panels – high end, plywood for kitchen cabinets, the furniture industry, the commercial and hotel market, the medical field, etc.
- Group insurance after three (3) months of service
- This is a home based position. Company car available & all expenses paid.